Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Hip injury in bike accident. Hip hurts when I get hot. Can walk normally

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10454 Questions
I hurt my hip on a bike accident. It's been two weeks and my hip only hurts when I get hot. I can walk fine.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
It seems that you have suffered a minor soft tissue injury in the area during the accident. For symptomatic relief, you can take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen along with a muscle relaxant like chlorzoxazone. Doing a hot fomentation in the area will also be of help. You can apply a local analgesic gel too.
Most likely your symptoms will subside in 3-4 weeks. In case the pain increases or is persistent then investigations like MRI are advisable to find out the type and extent of injury.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Hip injury in bike accident. Hip hurts when I get hot. Can walk normally 1 hour later
Thanks for your reply but where can I buy OTC chlorzoxazone?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
Chlorzoxazone is a prescription only medicine and you need to get it prescribed from your physician in case your pain is not adequately relieved with acetaminophen.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor