Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Hip and leg pain, watery brown discharge, abdominal bloating and cramps after periods. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 1671 Questions
Hello for the past 3months after my period i have had hip and leg pain. Watery brown discharge, blood when i wipe with abdominal bloating and cramps lasting a week after my period. What could this be?
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 3 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

First I have a few questions:
1. How old are you?
2. Has this gotten worse with each cycle?
3. Have the cycles themselves changed at all?
4. Have you ever been pregnant before?

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Hip and leg pain, watery brown discharge, abdominal bloating and cramps after periods. What could this be? 17 minutes later
i am 30 no it stays the same. the cycle for the first two months came dark for the first day and half but this past month it was regular. i have been pregnant but had to abort it.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Thank you for the clarification.

So you are a 30 year old, with a 3 month history of watery brown / bloody discharge during the week following your period. This is also associated with bloating, cramping and hip/leg pain - I hope that I got this right.

In the setting of otherwise regular cycles, the onset of irregular bleeding and discharge might point to some anatomical change, such as a polyp or a fibroid. While infections of the vagina and uterus are also a possibility, they would not be associated with long periods of no symptoms leading up to your cycle. For this reason, I would assume that this might represent some identifiable problem that is best evaluated with:
1. An exam
2. An ultrasound of the uterus
3. If this is unrevealing and the symptoms persist, then a procedure called a 'hysteroscopy' where a camera is placed inside of the uterus

I hope that this helps and good luck!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor