Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

High sugar in urine and blood. Do I have diabetes? Testis and penis pain.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions

my question is about to diabetes.... before some time i have tested my urine and blood

in the urine the sugar contain 1.5% and in blood the random blood sugar 318 mg/dl
So have i diabetes..?

and some time i feel pain in testis and penis and some time having the pain during the pass of urine and i go to urine frequently and i have taken the water about 5-6 ltr

So these are symptoms because of that my sugar level is that much high

Please suggest some tests so all the thing verify and how to control this and what is the cause
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 40 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Normally any single report above 200 at any time is strongly suggestive of Diabetes. Your complain of frequent urination and need to drink more water again goes in favor of diabetes.

Please do not get dishearten. Please visit your physician and get your self evaluated for this. You need confirmatory test like Glycosylated Hb. This gives idea about average sugar of last 90 days. You need to repeat fasting and post prandial blood sugar This will help your doctor in making the diagnosis and start the treatment accordingly.

Apart from this also go for other basic investigation like kidney function, lipid profile per advice from your physician.

Please take proper care and do not ignore this.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to answer any follow up queries that you have.

Please accept the answer in case you do not have any further query.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: High sugar in urine and blood. Do I have diabetes? Testis and penis pain. 13 hours later
Thanks for your reply

and i have some time pain in the testis and penis is because of this, or something else ,

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 7 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

High sugar in blood and passing sugar in urine can lead to infection in urinary tract. This infection can lead to this kind of discomfort or pain while urination.

Please look for any visible swelling on testis. When you visit your doctor please also get your self examined for this.

In case of infection you may need a course of antibiotics along with other drugs.

Till then, drink plenty of water to avoid passing concentrated urine.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor