High relative lymphocyte count. Is it a sign of CLL?
I have a relative high lymphocytes but the absolute count is ok.my Relative Lymphocytes count is 46% and WBC is 4.4..My Platelette count is 150,000 and MPV is 13.3
Is it a sign of CLL
Thanks for your query.
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is diagnosed based on some typical
1. Blood and bone marrow picture
2. Symptoms-fatigue, infections, lymph node enlargement, splenomegaly, hepatomegaly and auto immune complication
Blood pictures are-the main features is increased Total WBC count above the high normal range (may be above1.0 lakh/cmm).Other features are increased absolute lymphocyte count, anemia (decreased Hemoglobin and total RBC count), thrombocytopenia (below 1.0 lakh/cmm), presence of philadelphia chromosome in WBC.
In your relatives’ total WBC count and platelet count is within normal level. Only abnormality is relative lymphocytosis mild increase in mean platelet volume (normal 6.8-12.8fl). So it is not a case of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). Probably it is a case of viral or mycobacterium infection as those infections typically produce this kind of blood picture.
It would be much better if you provide us reports of hemoglobin, total RBC count, differential count of WBC, peripheral blood smear for blood cell morphology.
So consult with a hematologist and if he thinks get this test to be done and if this report are doubtful then latter he may have do a bone marrow biopsy for diagnosis and also consult with your physician for exclusion of viral and mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in any part of the body.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and please write a review.
Dr Sourav Ganguly
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thyroid problems related to low lymphocyte count
- High indirect bilirubin and high lymphocyte count
- High lymphocyte count hashimoto disease
- Low mpv high lymphocyte count
- High relative lymphocyte count is it a sign of cll
- High lymphocyte count in blood test
- High lymphocyte count benign
- High lymphocyte count hashimoto
- High lymphocyte count and hpv
- Cause of high lymphocyte counts
- Have hyper pigmentation and hypo pigmentation. White spots on thighs and...
- Taking heavy diet for muscle enlargement. Suggest the best protein...
- FBS is 149 and PP 210. Feeling hungry when sugar level goes down. Will...
- Got uterus removed. Feeling giddiness, fear and high blood pressure. How...
- My age 25 and weight 46. Looking for weight gaining tips?
- Suffering from mild knee pain. Feeling difficulty in writing, joint...
- Had angioplasty stent. Feeling dull, tired and drowsy. What my be the...
- Had protected sex. Started burning sensation in pennis and pain while...
- 12 year over weight child. Thyroid test done. Suggesting for...
- Having mild mvp and mild blood pressure. Taking medicine. Suffering from...