High hypertension. Is the Medifast diet responsible for increased blood pressure?
First of all, I think you might benifet by coming to the realisation that "Hypertension" is a very over-treated "disease". These expensive and hugely profitable drugs, as you are now taking, are being pushed at doctors by the pharmaceutical industry for the benefit of their share holders. Just research that scenario for yourself.
For example, by how much has the introduction for these antihypertensive drugs extended human life expectancy? Not by much I think research will tell you.
And secondly, 144/94, or for that matter, 168/98, are not, as you say "very high". If you take into consideration the "White Coat Effect", your blood pressure readings are in fact normal.
One way to determine true hypertension from situational hypertension is to carry out a 24 hour blood pressure monitoring. If you are still worried, have this done. My guess is that it will be normal and that in-fact you do not need any BP treatment.
Please keep well.
Thank you for your follow up question.
I don't think that your Medifast B6 etc is playing any role in your supposed hypertension. It is neither elevating nor lowering it.
I would also like to emphasize that stress is a well documented elevator of BP. If you have a lot of stress in your life, try to minimise it. Or better still get rid of it altogether out of your life.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- High blood pressure hypertension symptoms
- Who dicovered hypertension ak a high blood pressure
- Headache increased blood pressure using advil and aleve hypertension
- Treatment and cure for high blood pressure/hypertension
- Controlling high blood pressure hypertension
- High blood pressure/hypertension causes
- Hypertensive encephalopathy blood pressure
- Diagnosis of high blood pressure/hypertension
- Drugs/medication for high blood pressure/hypertension
- High blood pressure hypertension treatment
- Urine leakage after urination unable to control. Low PSA, kidney stone,...
- Diabetic, insulin twice. Having erection problem. Why isn't penecra or...
- Non cancerous cells discovered from bladder after cystoscopy. Small...
- Ectopic pregnancy, left tube blocked, uterus abnormality, had abortion
- Red spots on face, off and on fever. What?
- Lab checks of testosterone and thyroid. Arimidex has side effects? Can...
- Injured skin on right testis, feels like an abscess. Located during self...
- Pain in right knee, MRI normal, taking vitamins, no improvement
- Possible depression/anxiety, online self assessments have scored...
- Suffering from post-natal depression. Have weight gain, hair loss, hand...