Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

High blood sugar, knee pain due to arthritis. Special care and remedies?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 115 Questions
My mother is 65 years old and suffering high blood suger disease and also a long time knee pain due to some sort of artharities or any other born disease.So some times, she complains her blood suger level has been increased more than normal rate after checking by the digital machine and a knee pain.Today, she complains her blood suger has increased 291 value.So what I need to know
1.Any special instruction to care her ?
2.What should I do when she complain those issues?
3.What specialzed doctors she needs?
4.Can above diseases cure permenently?
5.How to force her to see doctors when she refuse to go to a doctor?
6.Any other special instruction I need to know?
7.How to avoid business loan stress from her?
Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 1 hour later
First, she must consult Diabetologist/Nutritionist- specialist in metabolic diseases. Doctor will make full clinical assessment and laboratory investigation to determine exactly diagnosis. She should not delay , because of her high blood glucose level ( normal range 65-110 mg/dL, ) and risk of complications ( neuropathy, vasculopathy, etc..). I would recommend avoid diet with carbohydrates, coffee, alcohol, fatty food. Daily monitoring of her blood glucose level and recording ( late to show this report to her Physician ). Regarding knee pain, possible she developed arthritis, as a diabetes complication or due to another factors, in such case you may apply locally anti-inflammatory creams ( diclofenac or Ibuprofen, ) , avoid long time walking and standing. If she refuse see the Doctor , try explain her that she need treatment to ameliorate symptoms ( pain ), explain that after treatment her blood sugar will come to normal range and she will have healthy painless normal life. Diabetes is a chronicle disease that require long term medical attention, diet, medication, to prevent complications. I believe she has health insurance that will cover treatment expenses.
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: High blood sugar, knee pain due to arthritis. Special care and remedies? 5 hours later
I would like to know is there any possibility of increase the blood suger level by organized brain waves of more than100 to 1000 etc.people.Eg:
100 to 1000 etc.people thinks towards one person to increase his or her blood suger level?I think such issues should be avoided however,Because, I also have no strength to fully finance the loan.
Also, I need to know the normal fasting blood suger level and when some one check the blood suger after the meal both male and female?
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 12 hours later
Welcome back,
I appreciate you want to try any methods to help your mother , this is great and theoretically is possible to manage blood glucose level by organized waves of many peoples who direct their thinks in one direction with one target, additionally , music, suggestion, psychotherapy , hypnoses, but still now no valuable scientific prove in this direction. Fasting blood glucose level ( minimum 8 hours no caloric intake ) for both male and female normal range <100 mg dl; after meal called random glucose level are very variable, depend amount of carbohydrates in the diet, this test, measurement has no diagnostic value. We use OGTT oral glucose tolerance test when loading 75 g of glucose dissolved in water and then measure glucose level ,normal value should be <140 mg/dl for both , male and female.
I wish you and your mother good luck and speedy recovery,
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. In such case you may accept the answer closing this session. But , if you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor