Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

High blood sugar after food. What is the line of diagnosis and treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
My husband's blood sugar was 333 two hours after he ate lunch yesterday. The doctor has been after him for 2 years to have it checked because at his yearly physical it would be 250-290. What do we need to do?
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 58 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

As you know this blood sugar level is very high. The normal reading is below 140mg/dl.

You must take him to doctor for proper evaluation of treatment. Even single reading high to this level is almost always suggestive of diabetes and needs treatment.

Please do not ignore this.

Your doctor may ask for some more blood tests and advised treatment accordingly.

In general please do following which should help.

1. Avoid sugar in diet. Avoid soft drinks and high fat foods.
2. After discussing with your doctor, regular exercise is must.
3. Regular control of blood pressure is must.
4. Plan his diet well. Ask him to take 3-4 small meals in a day.
5. Moderate alcohol if he is taking.

Visit to doctor and treatment is very much required.

I hope this helps and clarify your concern.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Wishing you him good health.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor