High ESR rate, back pain, stomach pain, fatigue; negative for RA, lupus and pelvic US. What could it mean?
I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.
ESR is a non-specific test for assessing a focal area of inflammation in the body.
Increased value above 100 mm/hr means a progressive focus of RA, Lupus, arteritis, auto-immune diseases like multiple myeloma etc.
Your increase of 25 over a month indicates some increased activity in the inflammatory focus in your body.
Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.
Thanks for the reply.
I would advise you not to speculate the cancer reason much now. At least till evidence is found.
An increased ESR does not necessarily mean cancer. In fact most of the conditions causing rise in ESR are inflammatory coditions like TB, arteritis etc. ESR is actually non-specific and cancer on the other hand has other serum markers like CRP, CA 19 etc which have higher specificity, which is not your case.
I would think that your ESR levels with the background of a negative pelvic ultrasound should not mean serious.
I hope, this answers your query.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Back pain and stomach pain depo
- Dizziness back pain stomach pain
- High bp stomach pain lower back pain
- Lower back pain stomach pain rumbling stomach
- Back pain burping stomach pain
- What causes severe stomach pain and back pain
- Lower back pain stomach pain
- What causes stomach pain with back pain
- What causes lower back pain with stomach pain
- Back pain and stomach pain
- Vaginal itching, red body rashes, taken Celestamine for sinusitis. Side...
- Itchy, sensitive, pus-filled mole in crotch, dark red stain after...
- Anal leukoplakia on outer skin possible? Symptoms and cure?
- Gliotic lesions, extensive demyelinating disease
- Frequent urination, tingling sensation. Reason?
- Sudden hearing loss, scared
- Vasectomy done, occasional motile sperm found in test. Is pregnancy...
- High CA125, taking chemotherapy for stage 3C ovarian cancer. Stress and...
- Suggestion for high glucose ac level?
- Heavy, clotty periods, pelvic pain, done scan, history of ulcerative...