Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

High BP with high pulse rate. Cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
My blood pressure is 192 over 115 and my Pulse rTe is 120. Should I go to emerge cy room or how can I get bp down.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 22 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Your Blood pressure reading are too high and if constantly elevated can cause different issues as heart problems,stroke,angina.Since you are on BP.

Considering your age and previous history I would request you to kindly rush to the Emergency room so that appropriate treatment can be started soon and also you are under observation.

Consider taking someone along with you and do not drive.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up in case of any doubt.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: High BP with high pulse rate. Cure? 35 minutes later
I have been on hormone replacement for over 30 years and am taking minimum dose which has been approved by my internist.

Is it totally necessary for me to go to emergency room or is there anything I can do to bring down the bp. Can I wait till tomorrow morning to see if it goes down and then call my doctor?

Would a sleeping pill such as ambien 5 mg. Or a Xanax low dose which I just got a prescription fo help me to lower bp?
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 7 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up

Such high Blood Pressure cannot be brought down by yourself at home.

Since you are already on oral medications to lower down the readings you might require injectable preparations along with constant monitoring.

I will again advise to go to Emergency now as raised BP can cause other problems.Also it is not advisable to self medicate yourself.

Wishing you Good Health!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor