Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

High BP with headaches. What should be done now?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
My husband is 40yr old , he weight 172 , 5"7 hieght , he got a bp of 188/108 , what we should do right now ? he got some headache , too.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query.

Your husband is currently suffering from accelerated hypertension. Please take him to the ER (Emergency Room) immediately. His BP (Blood pressure) has to come down and has to be monitored.

For now please use the following advice

1. You can administer his daily medication of lisinopril 40 mg
2. Do not panic; give him reassurance if he is tensed about the high BP
3. Please watch out for worsening of the headache, blurring of vision, vomiting irrelevant talk and weakness of limbs

Accelerated hypertension is commonly seen in hypertensive patients who are irregular with their tablets or are under stress for some reason. He needs to increase his dosages of antihypertensive probably another class of drug like a calcium channel blocker. Please XXXXXXX his physician soon. He also needs to undergo some blood tests if not done recently like

1. Renal function test
2. Urine routine and urine for micro-albumin
3. Eye fundus examination
4. Fasting lipid profile

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer

I wish him a speedy recovery

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor