Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

High BP due to alcohol and fried food, need to bring it down. Amlong tablet safe to take ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2348 Questions
Hi I am 35 Yrs old male.

Am 1.82 and weigh 115 Kgs. I have high BP from the last 2 days between 135/105 to 140/95 because was partying with friends for a couple of nights and ending up having a lot of booze and fried food stuff. I need to travel long haul out for coutry tomorrow and want to get my BP down and normal so that I am comfortable travelling & conducting business. Can not take ALPREX as it makes me feel drugged. Can I take 1 AMLONG Tablet a day 2.5mg or no??

Pls advise.

Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

According to the history you have provided, the transient increase in Blood pressure noticed in two different occasions is termed as “Labile Hypertension” or “Transient Hypertension”. Transient hypertension signifies blood pressure that goes higher temporarily and later returns to normal.

Causes include emotional, environmental and physical. Physical cause is attributed to the intake of certain substances such as caffeine, nicotine and legal or illegal stimulants of various kinds that may cause transient hypertension.

Transient hypertension does not require any anti-hypertensive medicines, as it can be easily controlled with exercises and diet. Amlong cannot be prescribed without considering other health factors. It may adversely affect the metabolic and other health indicators. If at all you want to start on anti-hypertensive medicine, then ACE inhibitors are the best choice.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any more doubts you are welcome.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor