Hi,I hugged a girl and she touched my hair with
I don’t know if it was a cold sore or a pimple but it was from the ridge of the lip and onto the lip but mostly on the lip. It was red like it was picked and bled but also scabbing with yellow.
After that happened i was waking to my car and some hair got into my face. I went and took a shower and used lots of shampoo. Is it possible I could contract HSV?
You are unlikely to get a HSV infection through this way.
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.
HSV infection is caused by two different types of virus,namely
HSV 1 is mostly transmitted through nonvenereal route, whereas HSV 2 is transmitted through sexual contact and manifest in and around ano-genital area.
HSV 1 infection is not uncommon and nearly 30-40% of people in any community would have been affected by HSV 1 infection and it is not life threatening or harmful.
In your case, her face came in contact with your hair.. You mean scalp hair?
Anything contact with just hair alone could not produce over skin.
So nothing to worry.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Itching on penis and sides of it. What medication is recommended?
- Red rashes appeared on penis head. Tested negative for STD. On...
- Red burning scrotum. Taking Gabapin with no relief. Need immediate cure
- Hair fall, burning, hurting, itchy scalp with intermittent occurrence of...
- Itching sensation around vaginal area, used wipes. Butt is itching,...
- Dark spot on organ, rashes, itchy at night, may be syphilis
- Stomach rash, itchy, not taking medication, no change in diet. Any...
- Small rounds in skin below neck, sometimes itchy. What medication should...
- Diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum in pubic region, cryotherapy done....
- How soon am I contagious after having contact with herpes? How long...