Hi this is for dr Sharka happy new year I

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2019 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi this is for dr Sharka happy new year I was hoping for ur input i have recently started a new job that requires me to stand and walk for at least 7 hrs which is good I guess but today I noticed that the inner upper left arm almost under the arm is achy just started perhaps 30 min ago it goes just upper arm no breathing problems or anything just wondering if this could be a sign of cardiac issue please advise
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Your symptoms are not related to the heart.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Theresa!

Welcome back to Ask a Doctor service!

I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms are not typical of a cardiac disorder.

In my opinion, your symptoms seem to be related to a musculo-skeletal pain, probably tendinitis. Is the pain triggered by arm or shoulder movements? This would be another argument in favor of a musculo-skeletal pain.

As we have discussed before, there is no need for any limitations to your daily activity, as based on your previous performed cardiac tests your heart is quite healthy.

So, I would recommend trying ibuprofen or acetaminophen for the pain and avoid weight lifting with this arm.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 29 minutes later
Hi thank u I worry as I seem to get random pains out of no where I even had one under my left breast where the heart is an achy feeling almost like a pinched nerve all this makes me worry about it being cardiac related what do u suggest for the chest one under the breast
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Thank you for the additional information!

Fibromyalgia can mimic this clinical scenario too.

But, as a cardiologist, I would exclude any possible cardiac issues, as your symptoms are not suggestive of any cardiac disorders.

So, try to relax and don't worry too much about it!

Nothing serious is going on!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me again!

Dr. Iliri