Hi this is for dr Sharka ... as u know

Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
Hi this is for dr Sharka ... as u know I suffer from costo and fybro since this mornjng on and off I have been having cramp like pains in stomach feels like maybe trapped gas there is no neasea or shortness of breath I have had a stress test and traponin several weeks ago as well as blood pressure normal other than my costo pain the last few days in my chest no concerns I just wanted to make sure or get ur opinion that this is nit cardiac related as I am aware that it could be different for women thanks
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Welcome back on HCM!

I understand your concern and would like to reassure you that your symptoms do not indicate any cardiac disorders.

They could be related to gastritis, as the pain is in the stomach area. Chostochondritis could also trigger such pain in this region.

Anyway, I would recommend starting a PPI (omeprazole, pantoprazole, etc.)or anti-acid in the morning. If it helps improve your pain, it would be another argument in favor of gastritis.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me again!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri

In such case a fibrogastroscopy may be needed.