Hi these are the FINDINGS: There are five lumbar vertebral

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Tue, 19 Mar 2019 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi these are the FINDINGS: There are five lumbar vertebral segments. There is 6 mm anterolisthesis of L4 on L5. Disc desiccation changes are noted at L3-4 through L5-S1. Mild disc height loss is noted at L4-5. Vertebral body heights are maintained. The marrow signal is homogeneous. The distal spinal cord is normal in signal and morphology and the conus medullaris terminates at L1-2. There are numerous bilateral renal cysts, some of which are T1 hyperintense. would this have to do with the fact i'm having chronic low back pain at a level 7-8 daily I have been experiencing loss of bowel control,weakening of my legs mostly on left side lots of twitching at night ,muscle weakness in both legs
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
See explanation below

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

This MRI report shows that L4, upper vertebral body, the drum-shaped area in front of L4 vertebrae, slips forward onto the L5 vertebra found below.

Also, your intervertebral discs seem to have lost fluids, become dehydrated and lose flexibility.

Both these conditions cause you pain causing pinched nerves and also to lose flexibility.

Our vertebrae hold the body upright.
This is the main reason for your symptoms of pain, loss of bowel control, weakness of legs.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee