Hi there regardless of sympptoms does hiv 4th gen tests

Excellent

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
Hi there regardless of sympptoms does hiv 4th gen tests rule out infection
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes.The 4 generation test rules out HIV infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.

A 4 th generation test after 4-6 weeks from a risky exposure is very accurate and after 3 months is very conclusive.
This test rules out HIV infection regardless the symptoms.
Please could you describe more your sexual history and your symptoms.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Hi there regardless of sympptoms does hiv 4th gen tests 22 minutes later
I have been in relationship for 14 years with one person she has tested negative after my symptoms and I have tested negative 3x my worry is an encounter more than 25 years ago I have swollen painful lymph nodes in groin burning sensation throughout body itching coldness in limbs weakness in body and muscles pain in hips and feet
Follow-up: Hi there regardless of sympptoms does hiv 4th gen tests 1 minute later
I’ve spoken to you before and you advised as the symptoms persist I am worried

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
These symptoms are not related to HIV.

Detailed Answer:

As I said before, based on your history (your sexual partner is HIV negative and you have a risky contact 25 years ago)I emphasize again that you shouldn't worry because your symptoms are not related to HIV.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Hi there regardless of sympptoms does hiv 4th gen tests 4 hours later
I have too many symptoms and my dr can’t explain that’s why I am worried I went to a sexual health clinic and they said they don’t need to test me anymore regardless of symptoms it rules out hiv as the test is more than accurate and I am out of the test period and test would always show antibodies
Follow-up: Hi there regardless of sympptoms does hiv 4th gen tests 22 hours later
What else could cause so many symptoms

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
A 4th generation HIV test 3x is very accurate.

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry for my late response.

As I sad above a 4 th generation HIV test 3 x is very accurate and this means that you are absolutly free of HIV.
Furthermore related your symptoms I think you should clarify the nature of your lymph nodes if they are related to other pathologies like hematologic diseases etc ( absolutly not HIV) doing a lymph node biopsy and some lab examination to define better the diagnosis.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Hi there regardless of sympptoms does hiv 4th gen tests 11 hours later
Hi I have uploaded my latest cbc results please could you check them and advise of any concern

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
The lab results are normal.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

I have seen carefully your lab result and I think that are normal without deviation.
Did you have done an lymph node ultrasound to define the size and the nature of them?

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Hi there regardless of sympptoms does hiv 4th gen tests 1 hour later
No I don’t think my dr wants to do that as he says the ct scan only showed small nodes that was a year ago
So you think everything is working as it should and no real worry
Follow-up: Hi there regardless of sympptoms does hiv 4th gen tests 4 minutes later
And as I have had symptoms for almost a year would definitely have affected my cbc
Follow-up: Hi there regardless of sympptoms does hiv 4th gen tests 31 minutes later
Does cbc show how well my immune is working and has the ability to fight infections and produce antibodies to illness this is my final question to move on

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 27 hours later
Brief Answer:
You shouldn't worry.

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry for my late response.

If your symptoms from a year would've been related to HIV infection, you should know that this absolutely would affect your CBC (have low WBC and low lymphocytes). But it isn't in your case.

So, based on your recent lab result with the normal range, we see that your immune system works very well and you are able to fight the infection.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Hi there regardless of sympptoms does hiv 4th gen tests 13 minutes later
So basically it is still producing antibodies and the results were very accurate
Follow-up: Hi there regardless of sympptoms does hiv 4th gen tests 2 minutes later
I am only worried as I read that collapsed immune system would give negative results and I would need pcr

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes your results are very accurate.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for writing back.

PCR tells us about inflamation in the body during the different infections and is not specificly related with HIV.
I emphasize again that 4th generation HIV tests are very accurate an you are absolutly free of HIV.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Hi there regardless of sympptoms does hiv 4th gen tests 2 hours later
Thank you so much for all the assurance I feel better already despite all the symptoms take care and god bless you for all the hard work you are doing I am going to see a haematologist soon and hopefully get better soon

Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:

You are welcome.

I wish you a good health.
Regards.