Hi there I had a little cyst/lump removed from my
I had a little cyst/lump removed from my aereola by my dermatologist 2-3 weeks ago. She used the punch tool and I had two stitches. It was a very small lump. I had the stitches in for 10 days, and they were just removed last Thursday. It healed ok, as I applied fucidin to it every day for a week.
I'm feeling around the healed spot now, and it feels tough and possibly feel a lump. I'm not sure if it's because the skin is healing, where there would be a gaping hole, and it's just healing together.
Or is it possible that the cyst is growing back?
It was a pimple that just kept coming back.
Should I give it time to heal or should I see the dermatologist asap?
Looks to be healing scar.
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history well and understood your concerns.
Feeling toughness and a possible lump is most probably due to scar formation which is a normal body reaction to any injury including surgery.
Surgery is done just a few weeks back hence recurrence of the cyst may not be there so soon.
If the cyst has been removed in-toto this is most probably a scar - healing in progress.
Give time to heal but at the same time get an appointment of your Dermatologist to be sure as an actual palpation and examination will give a surety.
I hope this answers your query.
Please give feedback.
Dr T Chandrakant.
Luckily I was able to email my doctor and she said the same thing. Put my mind at ease, thank you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is testosterone injections safe to improve libido?
- Will scratching my finger with a nail post cause any infection?
- Will Tramadol help in having normal stools post colectomy?
- Why am I having severe eye pain and blurry vision after taking...
- What causes stomach pain and blood in stool?
- Can continuos cough be symptoms of whooping cough?
- Suggest treatment for Low testosterone level and High TSH level?
- Suggest treatment for bloating and difficulty in passing urine when...
- Ia it normal to have foot pain post bunion operation?
- What are the different treatment options for uncontrollable bowel...