Hi there, After 4 nights worth of Epididymal Hypertension (Aka

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 30 Mar 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi there,

After 4 nights worth of Epididymal Hypertension (Aka blue balls) courtesy of my girlfriend, without masterbating, I woke up from a sleep with a swollen and redish scrotum. I noticed a fluid filled like sac above my left testicle and it was swollen up by my groin/abdomen pushing my left testical down much lower than the right one. This soft lump was the size of my left testicle and induced a panic attack. The next morning the swelling went down, but then felt more like veins/varicocele. I noticed years ago a minor varicocele on my right side but doctors told me it was minor and not to worry about it.

I went to an urgent care the day after i saw the swelling and the woman thought it was Epiditimitis. There is no pain per say, and no blood in urine, etc, so i didn't think it was that. Its more of a dull ache and uncomfortable feeling. I went to my general practitioner and he wasn't available so i saw a nurse practitioner and she sent me to get an ultrasound.

I am waiting on the results from this, but I'm not very optimistic. I'm thinking its most likely a varicocele, possibly combination varicocele / hydrocele. I'm afraid I'm going to need surgery and I'm deathly afraid of it after reading about the 80-90% reoccurrence rates and complications.

Also, i'm not sure if this is related or not but I'm having some tingling in my left calf / lower leg and find it hard to sit in one place for a while without being antsy. I don't have discomfort coming from my testicles but more form my thigh / leg. I haven't been to the gym and exercised in over a week because of fear of making this worse. That could be the cause of my tingling perhaps.

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
J
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Diagnosis of Varicocele can be confirmed on on Ultrasoud of scrotum

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted you are most likely to have either Varicocele or Hydrocele of the spermatic cord .

However the diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified surgeon and Color Doppler Ultrasound Scanning of Scrotum which you have already done and awaiting results .

Have a patience till you get the report and try to allay your anxiety .

Further treatment will be decided by your Physician on getting he said report .

Till then you can take Diclofenac twice daily

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 4 minutes later
Dr. XXXXXXX

Could the varicocele have been brought on instantaneously from the hypertension or lack of ejaculation? It's strange that it appeared only after this dramatic event and that it persists now. Could the build up of blood pressure from being aroused cause the veins to become permanently dilated?

Thank you so much for your help.
John
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Neither Hypertension nor lackof ejaculation will cause Varicocele .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Neither sudden rise in blood pressure nor lack of ejaculation would cause Varicocele .
Varicocele develops due to laxity or incompetence of valves that are located in veins.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 15 hours later
Dr. XXXXXXX

My ultrasound came back completely negative to my XXXXXXX I don’t understand how I can physically see an abnormality but yet the ultrasound said nothing significant was found.

I am going to pursue an appointment with a urologist now. Any advice? Could there be a false negative with vericocele on ultrasound?

Also, I think I am experiencing some prostate discomfort. I sat on a bicycle seat today and noticed the sensation of pressure or tingling was felt all the way in my penis.

Thank you for your advice,
John
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Varicocele always gets detected on ultrasound .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Consult qualified Urologist and do write if need my help .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 34 minutes later
Thank you doctor!
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
O.K Bye

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing again and appreciation .
Have a Good health
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil