• question-icon

Hi sir .I'm XXXXXXX from XXXXXXX ..I had some sexual

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hi sir .I'm XXXXXXX from XXXXXXX ..I had some sexual activity with a sex partner 6 years ago .and unexpectedly I sacked a XXXXXXX men pennis in alcohol 1 year ago. I have been testing since 6 years and every time I'm negative and previous I tested last month and came negative ..after 1.5 years after sucking garment pennis ...am I completely risk free I don't have any sexual activity since 1.5 years .can I marry
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can go ahead with your marriage

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. You are not at risk and may stop testing. You can go ahead and marry without any worries.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 days later
And Also I suspect sexually transmitted diseases also like herpes shypills and other STDS. I have been testing frequently for hiv since 6 years .I never tested .for STDS. But before 2 years ago I sucked XXXXXXX mens pennis in alcolol for 30 seconds .butnever tested for STDS .but 2 years later that is 2 months before I donated blood .they said everything is normal .no std s no hiv etc ..may I now relax completely that STDS also won't effect me as far as my previous sexual activities is concerend .am I completely safe ? As far as now ..pls help me my marriage also settled??pls give brief answer sir
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. If you had developed those STDs do you think that you would have remained symptom free for all these years? They would not only have surfaced but without treatment the condition would have worsened. So, I find no reason to worry. However, if apprehensive get a STD panel test done and I hope that will clear you of your worries.

If you accept my words, you can stop worrying and can proceed with your marriage.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 minutes later
My final question sir did I. .completed incubation period for STDS. 2 years completed ...
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back again. For the probable STDs the incubation period is much less than 2 years. However, herpes can lie dormant for a long time. Nevertheless, unless the person had active herpetic lesions on the sex organ, you need not worry.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 14 days later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
hi sir I'm XXXXXXX ....found those spots on pennis are they stds of normal
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to a fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. I have checked the attachments. The spots could be due to a fungal infection and application of candid (clotrimazole) lotion topically should provide relief. It does not seem to be due to any STD.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
can I completely relax about this sir .or pls suggest me what type of test should be done to know completely it is not a STD ?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need for further testing

Detailed Answer:
Yes you can relax about it. I do not think that any testing is needed. If an STD was present, it would have already been expressed.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 days later
hi sir I visited venerologist and they he said I don't have shypilli but he did nt said what exactly it means should I get tested to any other STD or can I completely relax ?and also why these medicine are prescribed for?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Syphilis is a type of STD

Detailed Answer:
Syphilis is a type of venereal disease/STD. He said that you do not have it. So, you may relax. I do not see any prescription attached. If you let me know which medicines have been prescribed I will let you know what they could have been given for.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha