Hi, since having my daughter 4 years ago I am

Question
Hi, since having my daughter 4 years ago I am very tired, mood swings, very tearful, forgetful and feel like my brain is foggy. I have had blood tests which showed up nothing other than slightly high cholesterol which is now normal. The doctor suggested I go back on the XXXXXXX pill cerazette which might help my hormones. I have been back on the XXXXXXX pill for a year and I think all my symptoms are worse. I don’t feel like it’s depression. I have a very nice life and have nothing to be depressed about. I am 41 years old and desperate more than anything to rid the brain fog I feel no emotions or have any sex drive at all.
Sat, 10 Feb 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Was psychiatric evaluation done?

Detailed Answer:
I don't mean to hurt you.
Most symptoms are showing hormonal imbalance and depression or both.
Did it change in weight these 4 yrs?
How are your monthly menstrual cycles these years?
Was a psychiatrist evaluation done during 4 years? lack of sexual drive first goes with depression.
Please get psychiatrist evaluation.

Follow-up: Hi, since having my daughter 4 years ago I am 4 hours later
I am on the XXXXXXX pill so I don’t have periods. I wasn’t sure if it was related to that? I was prescribed anti depressants after my daughter was born and they made me worse so I stopped them. I really don’t feel depressed as such more like my brain isn’t clear. I am forgetful and moody and tearful. Hormonal is more what I feel it is. What could my doctor do to test if it is hormonal?

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Meet endocrinology

Detailed Answer:
It looks to be complex issue with hormones also. if you stop antidepressants without consulting doctor the symptoms rebound n worsen.
So suggest to meet endocrinology specialist directly. if the appointment is far meet psychiatrist meantime.