Hi, over the past few days I've been feeling groggy

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Wed, 19 Dec 2018 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hi, over the past few days I've been feeling groggy throughout the day, and occasionally a dull pain in the jaw, temple and back of the neck in my left side. I'm currently trying to sleep but but I can't. For some reason tonight when I lie down, the pain gets worse in the same place. The pain is only on the left side, and its in my temple, my jaw and the back of my neck.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some more details are required.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar, a neurologist, here to answer your query.

I would like to know if you are going through mental stress or anxiety these days? Do you have any addictions? Any known medical history? Do you have associated fever, vomiting/vomiting sensation, any vision abnormalities? These symptoms may be a manifestation of tension headache. I would also suggest a routine blood work and thyroid tests.

I shall be glad to have you in follow-up with further details.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 35 minutes later
I've probably felt slightly more stressed recently, I don't have any addictions, no medical history, I don't have any other symptoms and I did a thyroid test a few months ago and it came back as normal :)
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mental relaxation exercises/ rest

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for being in follow-up.

I suggest you to start doing mental relaxation exercises like meditation/yoga and be on a stress-free schedule for some time. I hope that doing this will improve your symptoms. You can take a non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug(NSAID) like Naproxen, on sos basis( at the time of pain only).

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng