Hi my names is Isabel I’m 24 years old and
Detailed answer and explanations are given below
Visualizing the lump by examination is very helpful in diagnosis but according to the location of the lump as you describe it, between the clitoris and the urethral opening there are glands that mostly help with lubrication and sexual stimulation (Skene's glands). The duct of these glands can sometimes get blocked and cause the lump that might be tender, especially during intercourse.
You will need to see your doctor and have an examination to confirm or rule out this diagnosis. If the doctor thinks it is due to Skene's glands ducts being blocked then he may ask for an ultrasound examination (in a few cases this is needed).
Surgical removal of the cyst can be done if it starts to cause symptoms (pain, as it is happening in your case).
Rarely these cysts (glands) can be infected as well and the doctor might need to give oral antibiotics for a week before he can surgically remove it.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Antoneta Zotaj
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- is it hpv?
- I am 77 years old and one breast is very
- I felt a sudden sharp pain in my inside wrist
- Is there a sleeping aid that I can use with
- Hi, I have been having acne problems for the past
- Can you look at the results of a stool test
- Hi my names is Isabel I’m 24 years old and
- I have had bladder infection after bladder infection on going
- Where can I find a doctor who will test and
- Feeling weak for about a week ! Why ?