Hi my name is maja I have a daughter thats

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Fri, 15 Mar 2019 in Child Health
Question: Hi my name is maja
I have a daughter thats 4 months old and she recently had an MRI of the brain and I need someone to help me understand the findings. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please upload the report

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.

Please upload the MRI report and I will guide you accordingly. Also mention the reason for which the MRI was done.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 18 minutes later
Okay I just uploaded it
It was ordered for development delay
Brief Answer:
Structural defect along with bleeding

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service. I have checked the attached report. It indicates that there was a problem with the neuronal migration that occurs in the brain during foetal period. It is due to this reason that the connection between the two sides of the brain (a structure called corpus callosum) is ill formed, thus predisposing the child to recurrent seizures. Due to certain other factors like prematurity and stress around the time of delivery, there was a bleeding I. the brain and the consequences of it are evident in the MRI.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 11 minutes later
So is it going to affect her for life. Was it something I did wrong to cause this to her
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Early intervention would ensure good outcomes

Detailed Answer:
It is not your fault. Sometimes things do not turn up right. You had no control over this development and I would insist you not to blame yourself. She would need monitoring of her developmental progress and might require various forms of supports/therapies to assist her with her development. With early detection and early intervention disabilities can be avoided.