Hi my mother is having supraclavicular lymph node swelling on
Fixed dose combination. Better separate medications.
Thanks for your query about your Mother.
Noted the history, dosages and her weight.
As per the weight the dosages are adequate as this is extra-pulmonary tuberculosis.
Please post the composition of each tablet forecox along with its strength.
I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Request your Doctor to
Best way is to give all the medications as a separate medications. That is not in combination and hence to avoid fixed-drug-combination.
Since all these medicines are prescription based you need a valid prescription
Also get regular blood reports particularly for Liver function tests.
I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication; give feedback.
As detailed below.
Fixed drug dosage combination packs have a small problem of under or over-dose.
Hence I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Take a Second opinion and request for all 4 medicines to be taken as separate capsule/tablet and the dosages to be as per the weight of patient as per the present-day standard regimen.
This will allow the exact dose delivery as per the weight.
Required blood tests and additional supportive and symptomatic medications.
High protein diet.
Not to miss the medications even for a single day.
To watch for improvement of health parameters like weight, any side-effects and so on
I hope this clears your doubt as I can tell you the best possible ways of successful management of such a disease.
Feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is testosterone injections safe to improve libido?
- Will scratching my finger with a nail post cause any infection?
- Will Tramadol help in having normal stools post colectomy?
- Why am I having severe eye pain and blurry vision after taking...
- What causes stomach pain and blood in stool?
- Can continuos cough be symptoms of whooping cough?
- Suggest treatment for Low testosterone level and High TSH level?
- Suggest treatment for bloating and difficulty in passing urine when...
- Ia it normal to have foot pain post bunion operation?
- What are the different treatment options for uncontrollable bowel...