Hi, my brother had open heart surgery two weeks ago

Oncologist
Question
Hi, my brother had open heart surgery two weeks ago on St. XXXXXXX Medical Center in XXXXXXX Ca
Also about 3 years ago he did proctocolectomy. After heart surgery next day of his surgery his kidney failure and right away they start dialysis on him. Sience 3-4 days ago his liver issue and he has liver failure need liver transplant. They contact USC & ceider cina Hospital. In a day ceider cina accept him but 1hr before transfer to the hospital they call and cancel the transfer and put in pending. because is blood pressure is low around 100/ 40 to 35 . They said is to low for surgery
. I want to see do we have any other options. Know they want to try to Tuesday and see the can bring blood pressure up. Does anyone do the surgery if his blood pressure didn't go up. Please direct me. Thank you Hia Ammonia is 54, he has cirrhosis of the liver, blood pressure without medication is 88/40 or 77/30? Thank you XXXXXXX
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely for the surgery to go through

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I am sorry to know about your brother. This is indeed a difficult scenario. I don't think the liver transplant is possible with this current blood pressure.

I know that even without the transplant he is not likely to improve. But without the BP rising a bit the transplant will be impossible. We just need to hope that somehow it improves a bit and sustains at that level.

Hope this helps. I will be available for further follow up.