question-icon

Hi my baby boy is 27days old..past from 2,3 days

Posted on Sun, 6 Jan 2019
Question: Hi my baby boy is 27days old..past from 2,3 days onwards he is passing loose motion daily once .. daily he used to pass twice or thrice but only once loose and remaining times is normal motion
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar (51 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
No need to worry, it's normal for this age

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for asking on this platform

I have gone through the query and do understand your concern.
Change in consistency and frequency of stool is normal for this age. Baby may pass 4-6 times stool once a day or once in 4-5 days.Also the consistency may vary. Due to gastrocolic reflex baby may pass stool immediately after feed which is also normal.
I won't get worried if baby is otherwise active, feeding well, passing urine 4-5 times a day and there is no blood in stool.
If you are noticing frequent vomiting, abdominal fullness, frequent watery stool with excessive irritability or letharginess, please consult your pediatrician.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology