Hi my baby boy is 27days old..past from 2,3 days
No need to worry, it's normal for this age
Thanks for asking on this platform
I have gone through the query and do understand your concern.
Change in consistency and frequency of stool is normal for this age. Baby may pass 4-6 times stool once a day or once in 4-5 days.Also the consistency may vary. Due to gastrocolic reflex baby may pass stool immediately after feed which is also normal.
I won't get worried if baby is otherwise active, feeding well, passing urine 4-5 times a day and there is no blood in stool.
If you are noticing frequent vomiting, abdominal fullness, frequent watery stool with excessive irritability or letharginess, please consult your pediatrician.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting