Hi maam Sometime Back I asked you below query -

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2019 in General Health
Question: Hi maam

Sometime Back I asked you below query -

That My Girl Child 5 year old have bad odor down there. You recommended me "The itchiness in the area and the bad odour is suggestive of an infection even if there is no excessive discharge.
Wash the area with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. XXXXXXX it dry." ..My issues with COCONUT OIL was resolved 100% however since its winters and she was not well 102 fever last week she was not bathing regularly but I was taking care of her vagial area well I daily since then apply coconut oil down there.
Now she is fine and had a good bath today however she was smelling bad .. I opened her legs to clean with tissue and saw a very little discharge near vaginal hole ...

I am very very tenced.. But I want to also share that she just do not drink water like today half glass of water she had with lots of shouting due to winters she is very dehydertated I think.

But this has alarmed me...
she also complains itching... is this due to water intake is less.
She is too small to get even a little discharge..

her area looks healthy otherwise.. I even ask her question of safety etc everything seems fine otherwise..
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to dehydration.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns.
The foul smell and a mild discharge can be due to decreased water intake or inability to have regular bath due to fever. This should go away with an increased water intake and using a mild cleansing liquid like intiwash. Using cotton undergarments and changing these twice a day will also help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T