Hi, in the last month I burp constantly. Sometimes right
I seem to have a lot of air too (farts) once in awhile I burp up food just a little. I drink celery juice daily on an empty stomach . It’s just so weird and I can’t figure out the reason
Excessive fibers in diet.
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
As per your complaint, it seems that you are suffering from an excess intestinal gas formation that is leading to the excess formation of intestinal gas.
Now, let's move to various levels involved in our digestive process which may be the culprit behind it;
Our gastrointestinal tract has a forward propulsive movement (peristalsis) that moves the food material forward as it is digested, absorbed and finally expelled as feces. If somehow this movement gets hampered, the bowel habits would not be proper. This may lead to the formation of colonies of bad bacterias and yeast in your gut.
I would suggest you start good quality probiotics for a few days.Secondly plant based diet is high in fibers too much fibers may lead to formation of excessive gas in gut.Keep a check on it should not exceed 30-40gram a day.
Stool routine microscopy with culture to see if there are bad bacteria's or yeast in gut.
Till then follow-
Tab activated charcoal twice daily 9 a.m-9 p
Cap econorm(probitic) thrice daily(probiotic).Both are over counter.
All are easily available take them for 5 days and you would be fine.
Report after 5 days.
Hope I was helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?