Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Hi, i seem to feel a pain (soreness) on the

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 16153 Questions
Hi, i seem to feel a pain (soreness) on the right side of my upper abdomen toward the middle of my chest maybe wo inches below the bottom of my breast. It is a soreness that is not present on the left side when I press on it. I have felt this for several months. I don't notice it more before or after eating....
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks to be costochondritis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
With the history you have noted this looks more like costochondritis.
Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
Any relation to stress and/or anxiety?
Any typical position that increases the pain/tenderness?
Any symptoms related to gastrointestinal system?
Any other history?
With regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor