Hi i have slight imablance and head ache doc took

Dr. Ishu Bishnoi

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Fri, 30 Mar 2018 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hi i have slight imablance and head ache doc took brain image and told its tention headache and firat stage of migrane so he gave Amicon 10 mg twice a day is it good to take willl ot have any side effects can i go to office ??
Follow up: Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 1 hour later
Earlier doc gave nexito forte 10 mg to use once is this good or the other
Also i have vit b12low i m using neurorex forte and will b12 be there in egg yellow. R white can we take boiled egg every day
Pfa my report
Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Amicon 10 side effects, B12 source

Detailed Answer:
Hi Harika, thanks for asking from HCM.

I can understand your concern. You are currently taking Amicon 10mg, which is an antidepressant and painkiller. Usual side effects of Amicon are

- Headache
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Blurred vision
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
- Unexpected weight gain or loss
- Chest pain and discomfort
- Shortness of breath

Rare and uncommon side effects

- Weakness in one side of the body
- Slurred speech
- Seizures
- Decreased sexual urge
- Unusual bleeding

Nexito forte 10 is also a good medication. But it depends upon you, which medication are you responding and tolerating. It can be Amicon or Nexito. So dont bother about it. However Nexito is newer as compared to Amicon.

B12 is there in animal products like eggs, meat, milk, curd, butter. You can take boiled egg every day. Try to include more dairy products in your diet. It will also help. Neurorex forte will correct your current B12 deficiency.

Hope it will help you. If any doubt, do let me know.
Thanks. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 2 days later
PFA my reports of brain mapping ,Also i get headache only when i dont sleep in night else i am fine but do i need to use these medicines ?

Also will using depression medicines have side effects ,if needed i can use nexto forte 10 mg night ,can i use it and what are side affects .
Follow up: Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 2 minutes later
i didnt start taking any medicine so asking advice before starting
Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Brain map, Nexito forte side effects and use

Detailed Answer:
Hi Harika, welcome back.

Your EEG report is incomplete. Please provide me the report of impression. I need to know about it.

You can use Nexito forte for sleep, depression and anxiety. After getting relief, you can gradual stop it under doctor's supervision. If you dont have depression and your main problem is insomnia, you should consult your doctor for it. You can take tablet zolpidem or clonazepam only. No need of antidepressant.

Nexito forte contains both escitalopram and clonazepam. the side effects of escitalopram are

-Nausea, Headache
-Diarrhoea
-Fatigue.

Clonazepam side effects are

Sleepiness,
Uncoordinated body movements,
Slurred speech,
Dizziness, Fatigue,
Memory impairment,
Irritability, Headache,
Dryness in mouth,
Constipation

These side effects are not very common except sedation.
Hope it will help you. If you have any doubt, do let me know.
Thanks. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 10 hours later
Sorry sir i think i missed attaching few reports please have look at entire thing ,my question is are anti depressant addictive ,i do have negative thoughts coming up but i can control them ,should i use them or start to try without dependent on medicines
Follow up: Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 7 hours later
Also can I eat boiled egg including yolk every day is it good for heart becos it has cholestrol
Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Addiction potential and egg yolk use

Detailed Answer:
Hi Harika, welcome back.

Nexito forte contains escitalopram and clonazepam. Patient can become dependent upon both drugs and can use them for drug abuse. But if you will regularly follow up your doctor and take drug under supervision, you will not dependent upon it.

Another thing, if you have any history of depression, you need antidepressants. Please ask your doctor about it very clearly. To control it, you can follow other measures like family support, Yoga, meditation, extra-curricular activities.

Egg yolk contains cholesterol. Please dont eat it on regular basis. If you still want to, do regular exercise. You can have egg white daily.

Thanks. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Hi doctor is it safe to use Amicon 10 mg daily will it casue any of above side affects listed by u i am confused on whether to use it or not i have manageable headache only
Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Amicon 10mg use

Detailed Answer:
Hi Harika, welcome back.

Please dont be confused. If you are mild and manageable headache, avoid any kind of painkiller.

You can take Amicon 10mg whenever you feel more severe pain. The mentioned side effects are the known side effects. It is not necessary that they will occur in you. In my practice, I have found sedation as the most common and only side effect. Sometimes patient complain about vomiting and constipation. Rest are very rare. So dont be afraid of using it whenever you are having severe headache.

Hope it will help you. If you still have any doubt, do let me know.
Thanks. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T