Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
182 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Hi, i have foreskin irritation/itchiness below the penile head. I

Answered by
Dr. Shinas Hussain

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2015

Answered : 19496 Questions

Posted on Tue, 12 Feb 2019 in Men's Health
Question: Hi, i have foreskin irritation/itchiness below the penile head. I have been using Combiflam for a while from a GP but the itchiness still remains. What I can do?
Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be a fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.
Most probably it is a fungal infection.
Combiflam is not that much effective for this condition.
You can apply topical antifungal-steroid combination like clotrimazole-betamethasone after cleaning with soap and water. You can also take antihistamines like cetrezine for itching.
If symptoms persists better to consult a dermatologist and get evaluated.
Wishing all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on