Hi, i have been experiencing several issues which i have
I have recently had my adenoids and tonsils removed because i had chronic tonsillitis. I don't know if that has anything to do with it (i'm all healed now though, the operation was 4 months ago)
Laryngopharyngeal reflux and paraspinal muscle spasm...
Thanks for posting the query. I have understood your problems and I will try my best to help you.
1. You seem to be having post-surgical stress causing the acid reflux disease. When the acid regurgitates from the stomach into the throat, it burns the entire mucosal column. Following which there is the development of swelling in the area associated with acid burning. This swelling causes most of the symptoms described by you.
2. Secondly, I feel, you could be having paraspinal neck muscle spasm giving rise to a frequent headache, neck pain, and neck stiffness.
My suggestions to you are:
1. Consult an orthopedician to rule out paraspinal muscles spasm.
2. You would require proton pump inhibitors along with prokinetics for the reduction of acid reflux disease.
3. Drink frequent sips of warm water.
4. Avoid stress, excess chilled food, and beverages, coffee, and tea for a few days.
With the above measures, you would definitely feel better. Hope this answers your query: I will be available for the follow-up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is Perilymphatic fistula?
- Suggest treatment for severe hay fever
- What do I hear an echo after a head injury?
- How to use hearing aids to help with tinnitus?
- What causes tingling sensation in ear when suffering from eustachian...
- Is ear surgery for collapsed inverted ear drum safe to have with high BP?
- Suggest treatment for sore throat, swollen glands and fever
- What causes buzzing sensation in head?
- What causes a red patch in the middle at the back of tongue?
- Suggest treatment for skin cancer