Hi i had protected vaginal sex with hooker 1 month

Posted on Wed, 30 May 2018 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hi i had protected vaginal sex with hooker 1 month back. Also i had unprotected oral sex with same hooker 2 times . I did not had any sores on my penis. She gave me blowjob for 5-10 mins. After sex was protected . I had cleaned my penis with sanitizer before the encounter and after also . Does this can pit me at risk of hiv?? Also i had sore throat that same day which became worse within the next 3 days. Now its ok but i still have mild congestion . I did not had any rash or fever What are my risk.? Also i had swollen node in groin which went off after nights sleep. Please help
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your symptoms are unlikely to be due to HIV infection.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
You had protected vaginal sex. Oral sex has a low risk for HIV infection as per CDC, XXXXXXX USA.
Saliva is not infectious unless it is contaminated with blood when the partner has some oral problem.
Sore throat and inguinal glands can occur to anyone. Earliest HIV manifestations can occur only after 3-4 weeks after the exposure in the presence of an infection.
Your lowest risk can be eliminated only by HIV test. When the partner is free from HIV Infection, the risk is nil.
Dr S Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 45 minutes later
What are the worst chances that i have got hiv and there are no symptoms. Is it possible that i had fever and i did not knew anout it. Because sometimes i woke up with little sweAt.
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 1 minute later
I had sore throat before the sexuAl encounter.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your symptoms are not related to HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Medicine is not mathematics to get constant and fixed answers.
I had seen cases got infection with single exposure and cases escaped even after years of promiscuity and similarly very rare cases acquire HIV through oral sex. (one or two in 25 years of HIV practice with only oral sex). There is every likelihood for the hooker not infected with HIV. Then there is no risk for you at all.
In my consideration, your HIV risk is very remote and quite unlikely, at the same time I can not say it is "nil". Only HIV test can either confirm or rule out the infection.
Your symptoms of sore throat was not at all related to HIV infection.
Dr S.Murugan
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist