Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

176 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Hi, i am overweight and have a hanging pannus .

Answered by
Dr. Suresh Heijebu

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2010

Answered : 3579 Questions

Posted on Wed, 22 Aug 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, i am overweight and have a hanging pannus. I think that is how it is said. I got this rash. Its hurts very bad. What is it and how do i get rid of it?
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible rash of infection

Detailed Answer:

I can certainly understand your concern

I have worked through your attached query and images in detail

This looks like a fungal infection.

It predominantly affects the moist and folded areas of the body.

A short course of oral and topical antifungal medications are required for effective symptomatic relief.

I generally prescribe oral pills of Terbinafine and Topical agents like Clotrimazole plus Betamethesone for my patients with such symptoms. Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe these medications to you.

Hope I have answered your query.

Take care,
Dr. Suresh Heijebu.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on