Hi doctor i have been degnosed with h.pilory infection 3
i have been degnosed with h.pilory infection 3 months back i got treatment for it
used amoxcline 1gm twice
levloxicin one time
titrodozol 500 mg 2 times
for 10 days
the thing is that i am getting h.pilory all most every year i got it in 2015 2017 and 2018
i am suffring from my stomach since 2008
i am taking lansoprozol 30 mg and also i am taking fiybers
also i do have small hamngomia in my liver since 2013 and i am keeping traking it every six month and the size been not changes
my only worry is why h.pilory is comming to me almost every year
i an attaching my last report
my blood test are normal
resistance of bacteria to first line drug.
Hello and thanks for choosing this forum to ask your query my dear patient,
Have seen your endoscopic report in detail,
Firstly mam the minimum duration of giving dual antibiotic therapy with a proton pump inhibitor is 21 days.
As in your case you had been given the primary medicines every time there are possibilities that the bacteria has become resistant to the medicines you are having and therefore attacks are recurrent.
Now there are two possible ways to deal with situation
Go for a endoscopy and get culture and sensitivity test for H.pylori bacteria.This test would show that the H.pylori in your gut is sensitive to which antibiotics.As per the report of sensitivity treatment would be given.
2)Ask your doctor to move to second line drug therapy with Rifabutin plus metronidazole plus levofloxacin and Rabeprazole for a minimum of 21 days and then check breath test every week for 2 weeks to see if infection is there or not.
Hope i was clear and easy to understand,
Follow ups are welcome,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?