Hi doctor. i few sexual encounters in the past n

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Sat, 2 Feb 2019 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hi doctor. i few sexual encounters in the past n my last one was on December 31st, during last act my condom broke n i realised post climax. i had this fear that may be i might contract HIV because im not aware of the girl's sexual health status. its been 15 days now n i have taken the HIV test ELISA method. please find attached report. thought the report is negative. i want to know is it normal to have the value that is mentioned in my report? or should it be nill? does my report eradicate the chance of HIV or is there anything else i need to do to be sure i am safe? Also atta hed is my CBP report too can you tell me if everything is normal? n why is my lymphocytes level little higher than normal? Looking forward to your thoughts regards Abhishek
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No report is attached so please upload the same.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome to HCM.

I didn't find any report attached with the query so request to attach both the reports for better explaination. As such any value below one for ELISA is considered negative but get back to me with reports for further advice.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 30 minutes later
reports attached once again
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The report is negative for HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.

The test result for HIV is below cut off value and negative so don't get worried but to get 100% conclusive result you need to get tested after 3 months because the window period for HIV varies from 15 days to 3 months.

The lymphocyte count is slightly higher which might be due to any other infection not related to HIV specifically so just calm down, forget the episode and live your life normally as you are safe and risk free. If still any query is there feel free to ask me again and I am here to help you out always.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 28 minutes later
Thank you Doctor. That is relieving.. however since u mentioned 3 months . is it right to say i can do the test once again on March 31 or April 1st or 2nd concidering Feb has nly 28 days.
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you need to go for repeat testing after 3 months.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome to HCM once again.

You have to go for repeat 4th generation HIV Duos test after 3 months of exposure to get 100% conclusive and accurate result. The result will surely come negative so be relaxed, allay the fear or anxiety and move on in life. For any further help please don't hesitate to write to me again.

Thank You