Hi doctor Would you please guidance of what may the
Would you please guidance of what may the causes of such elevated blood test results and what may be the treatment ?
Could this be a sign of a serious disease?
About the attached reports;
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through the attached reports.
The alterations of the thyroid hormones are suggestive for a mildly underactive thyroid that can be treated with a low dose of levothyroxine (25 mcg once daily on empty stomach).
Except for thyroid, liver and renal function tests are also altered significantly and a detailed clinical examination and further investigations are needed in order to make a proper diagnosis.
There may be different causes (such as infection, use of medications or alcohol, cardiac pathologies etc) of this alteration and probably serious ones.
So, I would suggest seeing a physician in person for a clinical examination and further exams.
Hope the information will help. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?