Hi doctor My daughter 20 months old and she is

Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology

Posted on Sat, 23 Feb 2019 in Child Health
Question: Hi doctor

My daughter 20 months old and she is having fever above 100 and has running nose I have given her 1.5 ml of crocin drops cannot give her wikoryl in how much time and how much should I give her
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can give the same dose of Paracetamol

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on 'Ask a doctor' service.

I have gone through the query and do understand your concern.

The most common cause of fever with a running nose in this age is some viral infection.

Giving paracetamol, some decongestant and plenty of fluids usually help in most of the cases.
Each ml of Crocin drop contains 100 mg of paracetamol. The usual dose of Paracetamol is 10-15 mg/kg/dose 6 to 8hrly. Assuming a weight of about 10-15 kg for 20 months old baby, 1.5 ml of paracetamol is OK. Monitor the temperature and you can repeat it at an interval of 6 to 8 hours depending on the frequency of fever.

Different preparations of wikoryl are available like drops/syrup, single strength, double strength or with and without paracetamol (wikoryl, wikoryl DS, wikoryl AF). Please let me know which preparation you have.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee