Hi doctor I have problems when urinate it taking slow

Dr. Manuel C See IV

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi doctor I have problems when urinate it taking slow doc and I have prostatis is that possible you give me a antibiotic medication doc I want to get back normal when I'm urinate please doc help me.

Okay doc can you give a prescription medicine doc I really to get normal when I'm urinate doc please help me.
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pls see detailed answer.

Detailed Answer:
Good day and thank you for being with HealthcareMagic,

What antibiotic was given to you? I usually prescribe ciprofloxacin 500 mg every 12 hours for one month. To alleviate the swelling of the prostate I prescribe tamsulosin 400mcg per tab once a day at bedtime.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Manuel C See IV 12 hours later

What do you mean? 1 month I will take that medicine so my urinate will be go back to normal doc?
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see your local MD for a prescription.

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry we are not allowed to give out prescription. You may see your urologist or local MD and get a prescription for tamsulosin 400mcg / tab once a day at bedtime for one month.

Brief Answer:
yes, it would make your urination normal again.

Detailed Answer:
Yes, that medicine would slowly increase your urine flow because it would relax and lessen the prostate inflammation and swelling.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Manuel C See IV 3 hours later
Is that antibiotics doc?
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
No not an antibiotic.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for you follow up questions.

No it is not an antibiotic, it is an alpha blocker which is used to help improve urination while the prostate is inflammed. This would relax the prostate while it is swollen because of the prostatitis. Yes it would gradually improve urination and yes it would go back to normal after one month of taking the drug.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Manuel C See IV 0 minute later
You mean doc when I take that medicine for 1 month my flow my urine will be go back to normal again doc?

Okay doc what is the name of the medicine again doc?
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tamsulosin

Detailed Answer:
It is tamsulosin 400 mcg once a day at bedtime for one month
Follow up: Dr. Manuel C See IV 18 minutes later
Okay doc so I will tell to my local doctor he will give a prescription of that medicine.
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes. That is correct.

Detailed Answer:
Yes I believe you need someone to write you a prescription for tamsulosin.