Hi doctor, I did a hcg test and the levels

Question
Hi doctor, I did a hcg test and the levels looked really high one of the doctors said that risk of ectopic or twins. I went for the scan and the sac was seen doctor said to go back in a month for heartbeat etc. Im having sharp pains he said it’s the foetus moving in the uterus. My last period was on the 4th of December. Does this elevated hcg indicate Down syndrome I’m worried I have attached report and scan
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Pregnancy
Follow-up: Hi doctor, I did a hcg test and the levels 1 hour later
He said maybe twins but can’t see now.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a twin pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
The high levels of HCG indicate a twin pregnancy. This is not related to Down's. In the ultrasound scan only one sac is seen. The second sac may appear after 2-4 weeks. No need to worry. The reports are normal as of now. Go for regular check up and start with folic acid supplements. The mild pain in abdomen can be round ligament pain due to stretching which is a normal finding and subsides with rest.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: Hi doctor, I did a hcg test and the levels 19 minutes later
Maybe that’s why I am having excessive vomiting and too much pain. Maybe it’s twins or maybe single. I guess time will tell. Is it possible the twins are in one sac?
Follow-up: Hi doctor, I did a hcg test and the levels 2 hours later
Hi doctor since I’m 5 weeks pregnant is it safe to get a wax done for the pubic hair ? Does the pulling affect the foetus?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 hours later
Brief Answer:
welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Vomitting and pain are due to high HCH level,possibility of twin or twin in one sac are there.
It is safe to have wax, no effects on baby.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.