Hi doc. I am homosexual, yesterday night a guy shakes

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2019 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hi doc. I am homosexual, yesterday night a guy shakes my penis and I did the same for him. No other sexual activity. But after the action I observed that he had a bandage on his two fingers. He said he met with an accident that's y the bandage. I am worried about STD and HIV. Since I am not aware of his STD/HIV status. Plz help me
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The risk of contracting HIV or other STD is not there.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ankush Pihuraj,

Welcome to HCM.

You had done hanjob to an unknown status guy and he did the same for you then the risk of getting HIV or other STD is not there because hand job is no risk activity for HIV. As such the injury is concerned, it is not bleeding at the time of exposure so don't get tensed or worried. Be relaxed, forget about the episode and live your life normally because you are absolutely safe and risk free.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 55 minutes later
Thanks doctor, for the response. I am worried because of his bandage.. white colour bandage on two fingers due to injury and I have foreskin. He didn't slide it while giving handjob. Reply please
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are absolutely safe.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ankush Pihuraj,

Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.

The risk of getting HIV or other STDs is not there through the way you had mentioned so just calm down, allay the fear or anxiety and move on because you are safe for sure. If still any query is there on't hesitate to ask me again. Wishing you happy and healthy life ahead.

Thank You