Hi. based on the attached lab report, what should my
About levothyroxine treatment;
Hello and thank you for asking!
Is your thyroid totally removed? Or they performed lobectomy?
If it was not totally removed you need to check TSH 4 weeks after intervention and decide rather you need levothyroxine or not.
The actual TSH suggests that is not totally removed.
If it is totally removed start with 50 mcg and increase the dose after 4 weeks regarding to TSh result.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?