Hi, The uric acid levels have increased considerably and I

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hi, The uric acid levels have increased considerably and I am experiencing a lot of pain on my left ankle. This happens in regular intervals of around 4-6 months and the pain reduces in 3-4 days after taking some allopathic tablets(Zurig 40). Is there any permanent remedy that I can follow?

Thanks
Ankit Pande
Age 30 years
Wed, 7 Feb 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Increase vitamin C intake .

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the attached report. Your uric acid levels are high. The pain in the ankle is likely to be due to Gout.
Gout happens when there are increased uric acid levels in the blood and the uric acid crystals start depositing in the joint capsules causing the joint inflammation.
It can happen due to decreased excretion of urates by kidney, dietary changes or due to genetic predisposition.
It is associated with consumption of alcohol, seafood and meat.
Taking a diet rich in vitamin C, dairy products and coffee is likely to help in improvement of symptoms.
Drink plenty of water daily to help the kidneys clear the uric acid. Reducing meat intake will also help. If it is causing you symptoms, you can seek medical help and ask your doctor to prescribe you some analgesics and specific medicines which increase the uric acid excretion from the kidneys.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal