Hi, That's my mother report. He feels so much pain

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 7 Feb 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi, That's my mother report. He feels so much pain in bones when she do cooking and she feels like some needle touching her body. Her arms also gets swell when she cooks. She feels lot of pain in back, legs and arms. Please suggest it's treatment.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Calcium and vitamin D 3 supplements needed.

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the attached report. The bone mineral density of your mother is low and is suggestive of age related osteoporosis. This can cause the pain in bones and joints and fatigue that she is feeling.
Other investigations needed are Serum B12 and Serum Vit D levels and she needs to start supplements according to the levels.
She can start with a mild pain killer, regular calcium and vitamin D3 supplements and mild exercise along with a healthy calcium rich diet to control these pains.
Do consult her orthopedician for proper prescriptions after detailed examination in case mild pain killers and calcium supplements do not help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D