Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
124 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Hi Team , I would request you to send this

Answered by
Dr. Soujanya


Practicing since :2008

Answered : 641 Questions

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2019 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Question: Hi Team ,

I would request you to send this query to the right Specialist .

I have been drinking since past 4 months - 3 times a week and approximaltely 100 ML every time when I visit to BAR.
At same time I am smoking a lot every day atleast 10 ciggrates and I have smoking habbit since past 5 years.
I have been smoking regularly on an average of 10 cigrattes per day .

Recently since past 4 weeks , I am having some kind of burning sensation in my stomach and also in the chest
and when I tighly press my Stomach , I get a pain on stomach ( Not sure if that is the skin causing the pain orelse anything inside my body)
. It really feels uncomfortable sometimes as I feel something burning in my body and it is irritating . this is happening since past 1 months approximately.

I am really need your help in what test can I take in order to check if anything went wrong and also would like to Stop smoking at the earliest .
Please help me with de addiction program and it would be of great help .

And also I have done a lung test recently and attaching the same to this query.
Answered by Dr. Soujanya 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to be detoxified

Detailed Answer:
Hi sir,
Welcome to Ask a doctor service,

I have gone through your query in detail and can certainly understand your concern towards your symptoms.

Actually, the stomach pain could be due to gastritis pain due to consumption of alcohol and even smoking.

But, nothing to worry, you can be detoxified with benzodiazepines and thiamine supplementation for alcohol detoxification.

But, you must be monitored periodically for vitals and fot any psychotic symptoms.

So, it is advisable to be under admission for your problem.

Yes, you can also prefer smoking deaddiction by Varenicline medication.

So, I advise you to discuss these issues with your doctor and follow accordingly.

Hope this information would help you.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on