Hi Sir/Mam My Brother Was Highly Stressed Out Since Last
My brother was highly stressed out since last few months due to personal feelings of exploitation in the family. The stress was also increased due to the lockdown and Covid 19 situations. However, he was involved in high complex skilled projects and was perform exceptionally well in it at individual level.
On 1st XXXXXXX '20, he unusually woke up very early and was highly anxious. He was also feeling difficulty to speak much in a panicking behaviour. The situation around him felt highly abnormal and suspicious. He faced similar issue the next morning as well when he could'nt sleep well and woke up very early and wanted to talk with all the family members instantaneously.
After the incident, he experienced the following issues for the next 2-3 days:
- Minor change in behaviour
- Restlessness and lack of sleep
- Change in taste
- Headache and excessive sweating
He seem to be feeling better after consultation, good sleep and consumption of the following medicines:
1. Petril MD 0.25 for 5days
2. Tolperitas SR 450 (1 tab for 10days)
3. Tab Prothiaden M 75(1 tab for 2months)
4. Tab Palmiges (1 tab for 2months)
5. Tab Zolsoma 5 (1tab for 20days)
6. Syrup Cobatus (2tspfor 1month)
7. Inj Rejunex forte ( Once a week for 4weeks)
I am feeling better in the last few days and have started with all the prescribed medicines.
Few observations before 1st XXXXXXX '20:
1. He was feeling highly stressed since last few months due to professional and personal issues.
2. He had a mild headache and body pain whenever I woke up in the morning.
3. He was highly analytical in studying the root causes of different issues.
Few observations/changes after the incident on 1st XXXXXXX '20:
1. He is facing difficulty in processing complex statements.
2. The very recent memories seems to be affected.
3. His personality seems to be changed a bit with changed behaviour and moods.
4. He have a small swealing on right side of the head.
5. He seems to remember and talk about the minute incidents of the late past.
I am unable to figure out the causes and am very worried about him. It will be very helpful if you can please suggest.
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I have gone through the provided details and changes in behavior following onset of psychiatric illness and problems faced to date.
At the outset I like to state that this is just a problem and there is optimal solution for it. On looking over the treatment pattern I feel adequate care has been exercised by the treating doctor and we can expect better outcome for your brother.
However the effect of treatment takes in time in anxiety disorders and it may take minimum 4 to 6 weeks to have optimum effect. At the same time there are some side effects of medications such as processing complex statements, recent memory impairment which will be overcome as soon as positive effects of medication takes place.
So at this stage it is important to continue the medication as prescribed and follow the instruction of your doctor. Time is the only factor which is required to heal him completely at this stage.
Regarding causes of anxiety disorder I like to share with you that it is often combination of genetic and environmental factors. Genetic factors means there is personality pattern from beginning of life such as anxious mood, overthinking, tendency for perfectness among others. Regarding environmental factors job, family life, personal life, career, academic achievement, financial reasons play major role in causation of anxiety disorders.
The swelling over the head can not be explained on basis of his psychiatric illness or medications so it is important to get him examined personally by a doctor in your city. The examination of swelling will be enough to determine the cause in majority of instances.
I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.