Hi Sir/Madame, I am suffering from leg pain since last
I am suffering from leg pain since last 6 months. I had been under neuro medications and pain in the nerves is fine now.
But I am having immense pain in the ankle. The neurologist has suggested me to consult orthopaedic doctor.
I have attached x -ray report of my ankle and the present medication/reports of neuro. Kindly Advice.
1. Gapapin NT -1
2. Benfonet Forte - 1
3. Liofen XL -1
4. Retense 100mg -2
Minor stress fractures due to osteoporosis.
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen the attached reports. The X-ray of ankle shows minor stress fractures in the lower end of fibula due to osteoporosis. An MRI scan of the ankle will help in further confirmation of diagnosis. Meanwhile you need to start with regular calcium and vitamin D3 supplements and avoid any stressful activities that aggravate the pain and swelling. Keeping the foot elevated on a pillow while resting will help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
I have uploaded the prescription as advised by orthopaedic doctor in XXXXXXX
Kindly suggest regular calcium and vitamin D3 supplement medicine name . ( or specifically mention from the prescription uploaded which medicines I need to continue).
Thanks for writing again.
I have seen the attached prescription. It contains only pain killer, medicine to help gastritis and multivitamin. You need calcium supplements like Corcium C once a day and get an MRI scan done to see the bone damage. An ankle brace may be needed to allow the fractures to heal and for the swelling to subside.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?