Hi Sir/Madame, I am suffering from leg pain since last

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi Sir/Madame,
I am suffering from leg pain since last 6 months. I had been under neuro medications and pain in the nerves is fine now.
But I am having immense pain in the ankle. The neurologist has suggested me to consult orthopaedic doctor.
I have attached x -ray report of my ankle and the present medication/reports of neuro. Kindly Advice.

Age:69
Sex: Female
Medications Presently:
1. Gapapin NT -1
2. Benfonet Forte - 1
3. Liofen XL -1
4. Retense 100mg -2

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Minor stress fractures due to osteoporosis.

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the attached reports. The X-ray of ankle shows minor stress fractures in the lower end of fibula due to osteoporosis. An MRI scan of the ankle will help in further confirmation of diagnosis. Meanwhile you need to start with regular calcium and vitamin D3 supplements and avoid any stressful activities that aggravate the pain and swelling. Keeping the foot elevated on a pillow while resting will help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Hi Sir,
I have uploaded the prescription as advised by orthopaedic doctor in XXXXXXX
Kindly suggest regular calcium and vitamin D3 supplement medicine name . ( or specifically mention from the prescription uploaded which medicines I need to continue).
Thanks
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
I have seen the attached prescription. It contains only pain killer, medicine to help gastritis and multivitamin. You need calcium supplements like Corcium C once a day and get an MRI scan done to see the bone damage. An ankle brace may be needed to allow the fractures to heal and for the swelling to subside.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.