Hi, Since last 24 hours, I am feeling pain in

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Feb 2019 in Men's Health
Question: Hi, Since last 24 hours, I am feeling pain in my penis and extended as areas. The pain comes out especially after urination. It's more of a pain than burning sensation. I started drinking plenty of water. Should I take any medication or wait for it to go naturally. I do not have any history of urinary problems. Please advice. -Male, 38 years, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pain after urination is mostly due to infection of Trigone of bladder

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted the pain at the end of urination that you have is mostly due to infection of the Trigone area of the bladder (Trigonotis )/

Get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin and urinary anti spasmodics like Flavoxate twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water to keep urine dilute .This will help to reduce pain .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj