question-icon

Hi My periods are regular avg cycle is 27 days

Posted on Sun, 24 Feb 2019
Question: Hi

My periods are regular avg cycle is 27 days
My periods last for 5 days each cycle and I monitor all my cycles . Every cycle has been 5 to 6 days
Last normal period was December 22
On January 18 after wiping I saw some spots but no period , on January 19 during the day I had my period which completed stopped in the evening of January 19
January 20 no period
January 21st I had just some drops and nothing after

Today is February 3rd

Pregnancy home test was negative on Feb 2nd

I do take 20-30 mg of aderall a day

Can the aderall in this case give me a false negative test result ?
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani (7 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic. I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
I have read your notes.
Since when are you taking Aderall? There is no evidence that Tab Aderall affects menstrual cycles.
Occasional irregular menstrual cycle does occur due to temporary minor changes in the hormones and is normal.
Get a blood pregnancy test done as it is more accurate than urine pregnancy test. if it is negative, consult your doctor to take tablets to start menstruation. If the irregularity in menstrual cycles persist,you need to consult your doctor to do blood tests and ultrasound of uterus and ovaries to find the cause.
If you have further concerns, I will be happy to answer.
Best wishes,
Dr Ramadevi wani
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN