Hi. My name is Nischita and I am 30 years

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2019 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi. My name is Nischita and I am 30 years old. Next week we have planned for a visit to XXXXXXX that is on 29th of December but unfortunately my period cycle also starts during that time. so I wanted to know if it is safe to take postpone tablets? we are planning for a baby too so I am worried if the pill will cause any obstruction to the conceiving process. if it is safe then which pill can I take and the course of the medication. kindly advise.
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If planning for pregnancy don't postpone

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings
If you are planning for pregnancy don't postpone periods.
If you are expecting your periods on 29th December and was trying for pregnancy it may not be safe to take the hormones to postpone periods.
Because you may be pregnant .
HOPE MY ANSWER HELPS YOU
REGARDS
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 1 hour later
we are actually planning for a baby from next month. so I want to know if I take pill this month, will it have any effect on the process that we start from next month.
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Then you.can take

Detailed Answer:
If so you can postpone periods,but the drug to be decided by your gynaecologist as you need to plan your pregnancy.
Progesterone has to be taken now itself if you want to postpone.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad